If you are thinking “how do I sell my home quick?” you are in luck. We have put together a quick list of things every homeowner should do before selling their home
- Clean, then clean, and then clean some more. Your property should sparkle inside and out and stay that way until it is sold
- Price your property right the first time. Buyers have a lot of choices right now and are looking for a deal. Make sure your property is at, or slightly below, the competition for a quicker sale.
- Remove the clutter. Keep the eyes of the buyers focusing on your house, not your stuff. You’re going to need to pack it up when you move so you may as well get a head start.
- Stage your property. When your house is for sale it needs to look like a magazine photo. If you can’;t do it yourself use a professional staging company.
- Leave your house in showing condition daily! Showings can happen at any time and sometimes with very short notice. Get into the habit of cleaning and putting things away on a daily basis. Remember, you want to leave a good impression on all buyers; you may only get one chance.
- Remove odors. Be sure to air out your house or use plug-in scents to remove unpleasant odors. Buyers are very sensitive to this and can be turned off to buying your house if they encounter unpleasant odors in your house.
- Never turn down a showing. Even in a seller’s market it is imperative you make your house available for all requested showings. Buyers and their agents view a lack of cooperation as an indication you may not be so motivated to sell.
- Enhance the showing experience. Turn on lights, have soft pleasant music playing, leave candy out for the buyers, leave a personal thank-you note, leave information out about your house (photo album, letter of your experiences, before and after pictures of remodels, etc.). You want buyers to leave feeling good about your house.
- Make it easy to get into your house. Allowing your agent to place an electronic lock box on your front door or gate makes going in and out of your house more pleasant for buyers, especially when the weather is bad.
- Be patient. Even in the best of markets it can take awhile to get an offer. Buyers have many choices and sometimes it takes a house longer to sell but it WILL sell
- And one final tip on how to get your Columbus home sold quick: Contact Hannon & Graves of Keller Williams Classic Properties for your no obligation consultation to see how Topher Hannon and Vince Graves can get your home sold at the right price, in the right time.